Peterborough Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Cunningham Pond - Sticker/Reservation Information 2021
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Cunningham Pond is a "Swim at your own Risk" facility.
When the Marshall-Thomas Recreation Area was donated to the Town, the residents voted to allow access only to Peterborough residents and their guests. In 2018, the Town voted to allow non-residents of Peterborough to buy a limited number of summer parking passes.
Parking permits are mandatory at the Pond from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend, and will be enforced by the Peterborough Police Department per Town Ordinance 195-19.1. Violation of this ordinance will result in a $25.00 fine. For Summer 2021, we will be using the blue 2020 stickers we printed last year but were unable to use. Stickers from all other previous years are no longer valid.
Park Hours and Pond Access:
* The gates will be open Monday morning through Sunday evening with no reservations required, unless overcrowding or vandalism becomes an issue.
If overcrowding becomes an issue, we reserve the right to close the gates and/or re-institute the reservation system.
How to Get a Sticker:
Proof of Peterborough residency and your car’s registration is required to obtain a sticker. Each sticker is specific to one vehicle, as we write your license plate number on the sticker. Please place the sticker on the inside, lower right front windshield of your car (the passenger side). The first sticker per Peterborough household is free; each subsequent sticker issued to that household is $10.
Stickers can be obtained in two ways:
1) By mail: You can send a pre-addressed and stamped envelope, along with a photo copy of your car’s registration and your driver’s license, to the Peterborough Recreation Department, 64 Union St, Peterborough, NH 03458. Please include a phone #, in case we have questions. We will mail your sticker back to you and then shred the copy you mailed.
2) In person: Stickers may be obtained any time our office is open: weekdays 8:30am - 4:30pm. The office is located at 64 Union Street.
-There is no source for drinking water or refilling water bottles at the pond.
-Beyond Type III Coast Guard-approved life jackets, other flotation devices such as floaties, noodles and aqua-wings are not allowed.
-The raft will not be placed in the water this year.
-When staff is on duty, restroom facilities will be open and cleaned regularly.
-The changing rooms will be locked this year. Please plan accordingly by changing at home.
-The picnic table and grill area may be reserved for $20/hour by calling the office at 924-8080.
Rental of Kayaks and Stand Up Paddleboards
We will be offering $5/hour boat rentals when the staff is at the Pond. Right now, the Bathhouse Staff is at the Pond 7 days a week, 10am to 7pm only. We will be renting the boats between the hours of 10am and 6pm.
Self screen before arriving at the Pond. Please stay home if you have:
1) A fever 100.4 degrees or more or other COVID-19 symptoms.
2) Traveled outside the US in the last 10 days and are not vaccinated
3) In close contact with a COVID-19 positive person in the last 10 days -exempt if you are fully vaccinated and past the 14 day waiting period.
Click here for our 2021 Brochure about Cunningham Pond (and Adams Pool).
Click here for FAQs about 2021 Cunningham Pond (and Adams Pool).
Please call us if you have additional questions: 924-8080.