Peterborough, NH Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Howl-o-ween Dog Costume Parade
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Ready to strut your stuff with your pup?
Join Peterborough Recreation Department and Dogs on Depot for our first annual Howl-o-ween Dog Costume Parade! This year's event will feature a parade route through Depot Square, down Grove & Main Streets, THREE themed categories with doggie-themed goodies, and one GRAND PRIZE winner that will win a doggie-themed goodie gift basket courtesy of Dogs on Depot! Register your dog for the parade here.
The first 25 individuals who check in at the event as members of the audience will be entered to win some awesome door prizes!
This year's costume categories are:
1) Best theme
2) Most creative
Where: Grove Street Riverwalk Parking Lot
When: Saturday, October 30, 12:30-2:30pm
Ages: All ages are welcome!
Cost: $5 to enter a dog; registration below
Photos: BLM Photography will be available to take pictures of owners and their pooches. The pictures will be available for purchase through BLM Photography.
- Children under 13 that are in the parade with a dog MUST be accompanied by an adult
- All entries must be registered online
- All dogs must be leashed and under owner's control at all times
- All owners take full responsibility for their dog(s)
- All owners must clean up after their dogs throughout the event
- Dog costumes must be appropriate and not contain inappropriate content - this is a family event for all ages
- Arrive at the GAZEBO in the Grove Street Riverwalk Parking Lot at 12:30pm sharp to be assigned a number and a parade spot
- Social distancing is expected
- Self-screen before traveling to the event using the questions below
COVID Screening Questions:
1. Do you have any symptoms of Covid-19 (fever, runny nose, nasal congestion, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, muscles aches, chills, severe fatigue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or changes in your taste or smell).
2. Have you been in close contact with someone who is suspected or confirmed to have Covid-19 in the past 10 days?
3. Have you traveled outside the U.S.A? Travelers/visitors to AND residents of NH need to self-quarantine for 10 days after the last date of any international travel (except for essential travel to/from Canada*), or travel on a cruise ship.
NOTE: You do NOT need to quarantine for 10 days or get tested for COVID-19 if either of the following apply:
- You are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and more than 14 days have passed since you received the second dose of your COVID-19 vaccine
- You have previously tested positive for active COVID-19 infection (by PCR or antigen testing) in the last 90 days (if you had a previous infection that was more than 90 days ago, you must still follow all quarantine requirements)