Peterborough, NH (USA) Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Welcome to this BRAND NEW program!
For summer 2024 we are combining the very best parts of teen programs past to bring rising 7th-10th grade (up to age 16) teens an exciting, engaging, and adventure-filled summer opportunity for themselves and their friends. In this program, the key word is ACTIVE. This means that teens will be staying active through outdoor and indoor field trips, exercise classes, team-building challenges, and service projects. We are going to GET OUT THERE! Incorporated throughout the program will be opportunities for teens to learn about jobs in the area, the Recreation Department, as well as other important skills essential for success in employment, college, and life. This program is going to be unlike any program we have ever offered, and spots WILL be limited so that we can provide the best experience possible to local teens.
Possible Field Tips and Activities Include:
- Hiking Mt. Monadnock
- Rock climbing
- Volunteering in Playground Program for a morning or two
- Tours of a variety of work places
- Going to Chuckster's Family Fun Park
- Ropes course
- Going on a college tour
- Taking a Tai Chi class
- Community Service
- An escape room
Session I: July 8-July 19
Session II: July 29-August 9
Grades: Rising 7th-10th graders (16 years old is the cut-off)
Where: 64 Union Street, Peterborough
Price: $325/residents, $400/non-residents, $75 deposit + the cost of a pool pass due at the time of registration
- A T-shirt is included.
- The two sessions will have similar activities with a couple of small differences.
- A Town of Peterborough (local) background check will be required of each participant in this program because of the volunteer component of this program.
- A packed lunch will be required every day except the last day of the program.
- There will be a packet of paperwork sent to parents before the program begins that will need to be completed and returned.
**If you know someone over 18 that might be interested in being a counselor for this program, please have them complete a Town of Peterborough employment application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at our office on Union Street.